The Berlinale loves women, on screen and off.
Festival report by Pamela Jahn
To celebrate 6 years of Electric Sheep, for February our publishers Strange Attractor Press are offering our anthology, The End, for only £9.99.
Two of our writers have previously reviewed Brandon Cronenberg’s medical chiller, which is out in UK cinemas today, and they had very different opinions of it.
Reviews by Mark Stafford and Greg Klymkiw
An extremely watchable lesson in historically and politically charged filmmaking.
Review by Pamela Jahn
Produced by the original team, the remake of 1981 cult horror movie Evil Dead is coming to UK cinemas on April 19.
This is perhaps less of a report than an obituary, but one which will try to celebrate the significant achievements of CIFF while bemoaning its sudden demise.
Festival report by John Berra
For a large part of its bloated running time, the director is following in the footsteps of his Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Review by Alex Fitch
- Viennale 2012
- Sitges 2012: Genre heaven
- L’Etrange Festival 2012
- London Film Festival 2012 part 2
- The Shining: Original extended US version on UK screens Nov 2
- East Asian Films at the 56th London Film Festival
- 60th San Sebastian International Film Festival
- Tetsuo on Blu-ray
- Water Colours: Venice 2012
- The Tanks at Tate Modern
- Karlovy Vary 2012: A place of discovery
- 20th Raindance Film Festival programme announced
- Film4 FrightFest 2012
recent DVD and Blu-ray releases
16/10/12 •Tetsuo on Blu-ray
18/6/12 •Things to Come on Blu-ray
19/3/12 •A Horrible Way to Die
23/1/12 •Two-Lane Blacktop on Blu-ray
09/1/12 •Troll Hunter on DVD